This macOS Support Essentials 10.13 course is designed to provide students with a three-day course that describes the best ways to support macOS High Sierra users. The course includes lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience. The Apple Certification Exam may be taken at the end of the course or at a later date. The cost of the exam is not included in the course price.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the macOS Support Essentials 10.13 course, students will learn:
- How to use macOS Sierra tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS High Sierra
- macOS High Sierra features and functionality, including how to find more information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.13 certification
Who Should Attend?
- People who manage computer networks or computer labs that run macOS
- People who support Mac users
- macOS knowledge
- Basic computer navigation skills
For Online Attendees
Each student will need to setup two (2) computers in order to take the class remotely. The first can be a PC, tablet or Mac capable of running Adobe Connect. The second computer must be a Mac running the latest version of macOS High Sierra. This setup will allow online students to view the presentation on one computer and do support exercises on the other one.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level.
Part 1: Installation and Configuration
- Update, Upgrade, and Reinstall macOS High Sierra
- Set Up and Configure macOS
- Use the Command-Line Interface
- Use macOS Recovery
Part 2: User Accounts
- Manage User Accounts
- Manage User Home Folders
- Manage macOS Security
- Manage Password Changes with Keychain
Part 3: File Systems and Storage
- Manage File Systems and Storage
- Manage Encryption with FileVault
- Manage Permissions and Sharing
Part 4: Data Management
- Use Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives
- Manage System Resources
- Use Metadata and Spotlight
- Manage Time Machine
Part 5: Apps and Processes
- Install Apps
- Manage Documents
- Manage and Troubleshoot Apps
Part 6: Network Configuration
- Manage Basic Network Settings
- Manage Advanced Network Settings
- Troubleshoot Network Issues
Part 7: Network Services
- Manage Network Services
- Manage Host Sharing and the Personal Firewall
Part 8: System Management
- Troubleshoot Peripherals
- Manage Printers and Scanners
- Troubleshoot Startup and System Issues
*Includes authorized Apple Pro Training Series workbook. The cost of the certification exam is not included; this may be taken at a later date.
Cancelling an Open Enrollment Registration
If notice is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of a class, the student may receive a full refund less a $100 administrative fee. If notice is given less than 15 calendar days no rescheduling or efunds are permitted.
If notice Is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class a student may reschedule . A student can reschedule a class up to two (2) times. Additional reschedules will not be allowed.
No Shows if a student does not attend a scheduled session, there will be no refund or rescheduling permitted. Payment is forfeited. FMC reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment or in other circumstances. FMC will endeavor to give as much advance notice as possible of any change to the schedule. FMC shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever.