After taking this course you will be able to organize your data in tables, use various methods to sort and filter your data, analyze your data with PivotTables as well as use database functions.
Instruction will be personalized by version. Students have the option to progress through the course using Microsoft Excel 2010 Level 3-Data List Management or Microsoft Excel 2013 Level 3- Data List Management.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create and use Excel tables, as well as add, edit, search for, and delete records in a data list using a form, as well as look up data.
- Sort records in a data list using a variety of methods
- Filter data in a list using a variety of methods, as well as work with filtered data
- Create and work with subtotaled lists, as well as use various database functions to summarize data
- Create, modify, and work with PivotTables, PivotCharts and Slicers
- Import external data from a variety of sources into Excel
- Data List and Excel Table Concepts
- Using Data Forms
- Using Lookup Tables
- Sorting Concepts
- Sorting Lists
- Custom Sort Orders
- Filtering Concepts
- Using AutoFilter
- Using Advanced Filter
- Working with Filtered Data
- Automatic Subtotals
- Working with Subtotaled Lists
- Using Functions to Summarize Data
- PivotTable Concepts
- Creating PivotTables
- Modifying PivotTable Layouts
- Working with PivotTables
- External Data Concepts
- Importing Query Data from Access
- Importing Query Data from Web Pages
- Importing Query Data from Text Files
This course is intended for participants who are familiar with Microsoft Office Excel 2010/2013.