Why Should You Attend:
Do you refrain from terminating employees because you are concerned about running afoul with either the FMLA or ADA and do not want a lawsuit? This interactive Webinar workshop will help you understand when and how you can have confidence to terminate employees if they are not complying with notification and intermittent leaves as they relate to both FMLA and the ADA. Learn when enough is enough, and how to clearly document the process to avoid costly lawsuits.
This webinar provides an overview of areas in which the biggest mistakes are made. It is an opportunity for HR and Payroll professionals to learn strategies for consistent application of compliance regulations. We will cover the significant differences between the FMLA and ADA notification process and the medical certification documentation required to determine eligibility for leave. We will also explain the difference between notification, required documentation and the confirmation of your company’s ability to accommodate without undue hardship. This webinar will introduce simple compliance strategies, to help you clearly understand the intent of both the FMLA and ADAAA when accommodating requests for intermittent leave that include a request for an accommodation.
We will also discuss these aspects as they apply to intermittent FMLA, ADA accommodation requests, and Workers’ Compensation light duty as it relates to the need to obtain medical documentation under both the FMLA and the ADAAAA.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Clarification of employee notifications as they apply to both FMLA and ADAAA in an intermittent and reduced schedule leave environment.
- Explanation on how to respond to intermittent leave requests that include a potential or specific ADA accommodation.
- How to respond to ADA / Workers’ Compensation light duty restrictions as they relate to FMLA intermittent and reduced schedule leave.
- Documentation guidelines that will help your company stay out of court and/or avoid settling claims.
- When to hold a good faith meeting and how to document the process.
- What notification is required at various timelines in the FMLA / ADA leave and accommodation process.
- Medical releases to obtain additional data outside of the FMLA medical certification.
- When you can terminate an employee who has exhausted their FMLA benefits without running afoul with the ADAAA
- Specific case studies will be evaluated to illustrate various scenarios that can cause confusion and leave a company open to potential litigation.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all companies, not-for-profits, school districts, governmental agencies and pseudo governmental agencies. Those that would benefit most would be:
- Human Resource Managers / Administration
- Risk Managers
- Benefit Specialists
- Business Owners
- General Managers
- Controllers/ CFOs / Financial Managers