Discover how to reduce tax burdens in estate administration
Gain practical tools for managing the tax liability of the decedent and the estate and learn how to accurately complete and properly file all the necessary returns to make certain the estate closing is on time. Clarify all deadlines and request extensions. Enhance your estate administration practices - order today!
- Get an update on the current tax rates, exemptions and deductions.
- Understand when and how to report the tax basis of assets in estate administration.
- Learn when asset valuation is needed and how to conduct it properly.
- Get practical tips for completing the decedent's and estate's income tax returns.
- Find out how to claim portability for clients and tackle other estate, gift and GST tax issues.
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Fritz Niswanger
- Current Tax Rates and Exemptions
- Understanding Tax Basis and Step-Up at Administration
- Tax Issues in Distribution to Minors and Trusts
- Accurate and Inclusive Valuation of Assets
- Decedent's Final Income Tax Returns: Forms, Deadlines, Filing, Supporting Docs
- Estate's Income Tax Returns: Forms, Deadlines, Filing, Supporting Docs
- Tax on Income Earned by Estate After Decedent's Death
- Estate Tax: Portability, Elective Share, Disclaimers and More
- How the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Affects the Estate and the Heirs
- Sales of Real Property
This tax course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit accountants, tax professionals, trust officers, estate planners, and paralegals.