Get Up to Speed on the Latest Rules - and Get the Essentials Down
Whether you represent lessors, secured lenders or funding participants, legal issues commonly arise in equipment leasing transactions, disputes and syndications. In order to be able to provide the best service to your clients, you need to be up to speed on the latest rules and regulations, as well as the latest techniques for negotiating, drafting and enforcing these tricky leases. In this focused legal guide, veteran attorneys that specialize in equipment leasing and financing will equip you with the valuable tools you need to be able to provide the best legal advice and creative solutions to assist your clients in meeting their business goals. Register today!
- Review equipment leasing definitions, rules and regs, including the new TCJA tax laws.
- Examine the different types of equipment lease transaction structures to minimize loss and liability.
- Get the latest equipment lease preparation and negotiation methods.
- Identify key provisions, including upgrades, insurance and indemnity.
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern, Stuart A. Best and Amy C. Clum Holbrook
- Equipment Leasing Definition, Rules and Regs You Need to Know
- Types of Equipment Lease Transaction Structures
- Industries That Use Equipment Leases/Types of Equipment Financed
- Pros and Cons of Equipment Leases
- Standard Form Equipment Lease Document Review
- Key Provisions to Include - Maintenance, Upgrades, Insurance, Indemnity
12:45 - 2:15 PM Eastern, Mark D. Kimball
- Equipment Lease Negotiations
- Negotiation and Preparation of Third Party Agreements in Relation to Equipment Leases
- Equipment Lease Enforcement
- Equipment Leasing: Top Legal Issues That Arise in Transactions, Litigation and Syndications
- Equipment Lease Disputes: Remedies and Damages
- Federal, State and Local Tax Considerations, Including How the New TCJA Tax Law Impacts Equipment Leasing
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals will also benefit.