Learn How to Avoid and Handle the Top Legal Challenges of Telecommuting Law
Working from home is a growing trend full of many benefits, attracting a large range of employees and businesses, but it is also a source of unique legal risks, hidden dangers and complexities. Skilled attorneys will answer your most pressing questions about this volatile employment law topic and provide you with critical information needed to avoid costly lawsuits. Don't put off learning about this trending topic any longer - register today!
- Learn how to create legally sound telecommuting policies, employment contracts and flex plans that don't discriminate.
- Identify what the top ADA complications are surrounding telecommuting law - AND learn how to avoid them.
- Gain a clear understanding of how FMLA, wage and hour and workers' compensation laws impact employees working from home.
3:00 pm to 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Laurie A. Petersen
- What are the benefits (and dangers) of allowing telecommuting?
- How do employers ensure secure access to company information away from the office?
- What if an employee is injured working from home? How do I properly handle that situation?
- How do I create legally sound telecommuting policies, employment contracts and flex plans that don't discriminate?
- What can I do to avoid ADA complications?
- How should I best handle constructive dismissal/wrongful dismissal allegations?
- What is the best way to avoid and handle overtime, wage and hour issues?
- How can I avoid legal issues involving FMLA and telecommuting?
- How should remote employees be classified?
This program is designed for attorneys. Human resource professionals and accountants will also benefit.