Spot and Resolve Title Issues Before They Become Post-Closing Problems
Thorough title due diligence is key to protecting clients from stress, costs and potential legal liability after a real estate purchase and sale. Can you successfully spot encumbrances on the chain of title and other issues prior to closing? This program will teach you how to conduct an effective title examination, review title commitments, read land surveys and more. Give your clients peace of mind - register today!
- Determine ownership rights and restrictions with a comprehensive title search and examination.
- Know what to look for when reviewing the title commitment and exception documents.
- Learn how to spot potential issues in legal descriptions and land surveys.
- Explore different tools for removing exceptions and resolving title defects.
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Sean M. Burke
- Mechanics of the Title Search/Examination
- Spotting Title Commitment Issues
- Investigating and Understanding Exceptions
- Reviewing Legal Descriptions
- Looking for Encumbrances
- Reading Land Surveys
- Removing Exceptions and Resolving Defects
This program is designed for attorneys. Title professionals, real estate professionals and paralegals may also benefit.