The Top Oversights Being Made With Airbnb, VRBO and Short-Term Lease Agreements
Airbnbs, VRBOs and other short-term rentals have become increasingly popular. Are you up to speed on how to tackle the latest issues concerning this emerging area? This insightful course will guide you through the top mistakes attorneys are currently making surrounding Airbnbs, VRBOs and other short-term leases, including liability, zoning, taxes and more. Ensure you have covered all your bases - register today!
- Review the consequences of not adhering to local housing laws, regulations and city zoning restrictions.
- Discover dangerous landmines your clients need to steer clear of regarding permits to avoid landing in legal hot water.
- Take a closer look at how your clients should be handling damages made by guests.
- Examine critical considerations concerning insurance and taxes outside of the agreement.
- Explore potential problems that can occur when reporting income and handling deductions.
- Identify top legal traps in "house rules," leases and agreements.
- Learn how to use LLC's to your clients advantage when it comes to short-term rental properties.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Not Pricing Your Vacation Rental Property Correctly
10:00 - 10:30, Zachary D. Schorr
- Common Screening Oversights Owners Make
10:30 - 11:00, David S. Klein
- Not Understanding What Constitutes as a "Short-Term Rental Property"
11:00 - 11:30, Zachary D. Schorr
- Not Properly Adhering to Local Housing Laws, Regulations and City Zoning Restrictions
11:45 - 12:15, Zachary D. Schorr
- Contracts, Agreements, Leases and "House Rules" - Top Legal Traps
12:15 - 12:45, David S. Klein
- Licenses and Permits - Legal Pitfalls That Will Land Owners in Hot Water
12:45 - 1:15, Timothy J. Walsh
- Using LLCs to Purchase Real Estate for Purposes of a VRBO/Short-Term Lease - What NOT to do
1:45 - 2:15, Timothy J. Walsh
- Not Properly Reporting Income and Deducting Expenses on Your Taxes
2:15 - 2:45, David S. Klein
- Legal Pitfalls When Rehabbing Short Term Rental Property
2:45 - 3:15, Timothy J. Walsh
- Not Properly Handling Damages Caused by the Guests: How to Avoid Insurance and Liability Pitfalls
3:30 - 4:00, Zachary D. Schorr
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, David S. Klein
- State Bar Code of Ethics
- Disclosure Requirements
- Dealing with Unrepresented Parties
- Multiple Representations During Transactions
- Conflicts of Interest
This course is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit from attending.