Proven, Up-to-the-Minute Prevention Tips
Successfully navigating the complexities of the FDCPA is no easy feat. Our seasoned faculty will walk you through the top 12 mistakes that attorneys make regarding the FDCPA and give you proven tactics on how to avoid these common mistakes. Be prepared if regulators come knocking on your clients' door. Order today!
- Identify and avoid top mistakes when using "Mini-Miranda" warnings.
- Learn the rules revolving around third party disclosure and when it is illegal.
- Determine when the mere discussion of wage garnishment can cause trouble for debt collectors.
- Spot risky vocabulary in collector talk-offs that spells legal trouble.
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break 2:30 - 2:45
1:00 - 2:30, Sonia J. Buck
- The "Mini-Miranda" Warning - Top Errors Made
- Debtor Cease and Desist Request Violations
- Mistakes in Collecting Any Amount of the Debt
- The Prohibition Against False, Deceptive and Misleading Representations
- Verification of a Debt - Top Mistakes That Lead to Suits
- How the Discussion of Garnishing Wages Can Land Debt Collectors in Hot Water
2:45 - 4:15, Ernest H. Kohlmyer
- Not Calling the Debtor at the Correct Times
- Leaving Messages, Calling Third Parties, Calling at Work and More
- Dealing with Consumer "Stalls" While Remaining Compliant
- Oversights When Discussing Litigation with the Consumer and Third Parties
- Mistakes Made in the Notice Drafting Process
- Risky Vocabulary and Language in Collector Talk-Offs
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.