To explain how to manage a DB2 UDB server
- Instance management in DB2 - recognize the instance management command to use in given scenarios.
- The DB2 system environment - configure the DB2 system environment.
- Managing instances and the DB2 system environment - manage instances and the DB2 system environment.
- The DB2 client/server environment - use the DB2 utilities to configure the client/server environment.
- Security in a DB2 UDB - grant and revoke authorities and privileges.
- Managing client connectivity in a DB2 UDB - manage client connectivity.
- Manage DB2 database connections - use commands to manage connections to a DB2 UDB.
- Schedule and track tasks in DB2 UDB - schedule and monitor tasks.
- Managing DB2 database connections and tasks - manage database connections and tasks.
Anyone wishing to gain knowledge of DB2 UDB; end users seeking advanced competence in DB2 UDB; candidates for IBM DB2 UDB V8.1 for Linux, Unix and Windows Database Administration certification, and those working towards IBM Certified Database Administrator