This course examines wired and wireless technologies, encryption techniques, small office implementations and Internet connections. It introduces the learner to the various types of wireless standards and ways in which to implement a small office/home office router. This course also covers the various ways of connecting to the Internet and the types of network and topologies commonly in use today. This course prepares the learner for CompTIA A+ exam 220-801.
- Distinguish between the standards used for wireless networks
- Use encryption methods to secure wireless networks
- Implement the features of small office/home office routers
- Use encryption techniques to secure wireless networks
- Implement SOHO routers
- Use the appropriate types of wired media when connecting SOHOs to the Internet
- Use the appropriate types of wireless media when connecting SOHOs to the Internet
- Specify the type of network that is appropriate for given requirements
- Use the appropriate network topology for a given scenario
- Use the most appropriate types of media when connecting SOHOs to the Internet
- Determine the most appropriate network types for given requirements
- Use the most appropriate network topologies in given scenarios
Computer technicians who have the equivalent knowledge of at least 12 months of hands-on experience in the lab or field.