To identify the steps for getting started with PL/SQL, recognizing the benefits of the available tools, creating basic statements, declaring variables, testing code, and adhering to scoping and nesting rules.
- Using PL/SQL Development Environments - recognize the features and capabilities of SQL Developer, SQL*Plus, and JDeveloper.
- Introducing PL/SQL - identify the features and benefits of PL/SQL and identify the steps for building basic PL/SQL blocks.
- Introducing PL/SQL Variables - identify the steps for declaring and initializing PL/SQL variables.
- Introducing PL/SQL Data Types and Attributes - identify the uses of different PL/SQL data types, the %TYPE attribute, and BIND variables.
- Writing Executable Statements - identify the steps for constructing executable statements using various PL/SQL block elements.
- Working with Executable Statements - evaluate a block of PL/SQL code with respect to scoping and nesting rules, and write and test PL/SQL blocks.
Application developers, database designers, database administrators, forms developers, PL/SQL developers, and technical consultants