To give an overview of troubleshooting in WebSphere
- Working with logs in WebSphere - configure, review, and analyze logs in WebSphere.
- Using the Log Analyzer - identify the functions of the Log Analyzer.
- Configuring, displaying, and analyzing WebSphere logs - configure, review, and analyze logs.
- Working with traces in WebSphere - work with traces in WebSphere.
- Configuring and viewing a WebSphere trace - configure and view a trace.
- Using Thread Analyzer in WebSphere - use Thread Analyzer to analyze javacore files.
- Analyzing a java stack trace in WebSphere - analyze a java stack trace using Thread Analyzer.
- WebSphere installation, namespace, and HTTP data - work with WebSphere installation, name space, and HTTP session data.
- Using IBM Tivoli Site Analyzer with WebSphere - identify the functions of Site Analyzer.
Those wishing to qualify as an IBM Certified System Administrator for WebSphere Application Server 5.0; this Certified System Administrator is expected to perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment, including product installation, configuration, and deployment of J2EE applications, connecting to back-end resources, and basic troubleshooting