recognize how to use, implement, retrieve and manipulate XML data in SQL Server 2005 using XQuery language
- Handling XML Data - identify various applications where XML data can be used and recognize XML support in SQL Server 2005.
- Working with an XML Data Type - recognize how to utilize and implement an XML data type in SQL Server 2005.
- Retrieving Data Using FOR XML and OPENXML - recognize how to retrieve data in XML format from a database by using FOR XML and parse an XML document to produce a rowset by using OPENXML in SQL Server 2005.
- XQuery Support in SQL Server 2005 and FLWOR Expressions - recognize how to utilize and implement the XQuery language in SQL Server 2005.
- Using XQuery with the XML Data Type - recognize how to use the XML data type methods by using XQuery and use the XQuery functions and operators to work with an XML data type.
- Updating XML Data using XQuery - recognize how to use the modify() method to manipulate XML data in SQL Server 2005 and the considerations when using XQuery.
- Working with XML in SQL Server - update XML data in a database using XQuery language.
Developers who use Microsoft Office SQL Server 2005 and consultants providing consulting services for SQL Server 2005; individuals looking to pass the 70-441 PRO: Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 certification exam and those individuals targeting toward the Microsoft certification: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Database Developer certification path.