To demonstrate installation considerations and steps for installing and migrating WebSphere Application Server in standalone and network environments
- Determining WebSphere installation prerequisites - identify the hardware and software prerequisites for installing and running WebSphere.
- WebSphere infrastructure and web server installation - identify the design considerations for installing WebSphere Application Server.
- WebSphere's installation considerations - identify the considerations for installing WebSphere Application Server and Network Deployment
- Determining WebSphere installation considerations - determine the WebSphere installation considerations for a given scenario.
- Installation of WebSphere Application Server - sequence the steps in installing WebSphere Application Server.
- Installing WebSphere Application Server - install WebSphere Application Server.
- Installing WebSphere Network Deployment - sequence the processes for installing WebSphere Network Deployment.
- Installation of WebSphere Network Deployment - install WebSphere Network Deployment.
- Migrating from previous versions of WebSphere - determine the options involved in migrating from previous versions of WebSphere.
- Migrating WebSphere Application Server - migrate WebSphere Application Server in a given scenario.
Those wishing to qualify as an IBM Certified System Administrator for WebSphere Application Server 5.0; this Certified System Administrator is expected to perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment, including product installation, configuration, and deployment of J2EE applications, connecting to back-end resources, and basic troubleshooting