Managing change effectively within HR involves aligning the organization's people and processes with an ever-changing environment. HR professionals need to be able to anticipate, plan, and carry out change, using the tools at hand. Strategic management occurs as the result of a planning process that reviews internal and external factors affecting the ability of an organization to successfully achieve its goals. This course describes how to guide and lead the change process, how HR can impact regulations and legislations, and the role of HR in risk management and building strategic partnerships. This course prepares HR professionals and management who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute's Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examination. The content in this course is based on the Strategic Management functional area of the HR Body of Knowledge recommended by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Due to the rapidly changing nature of the law, information in this course may become outdated.
- Recognize the benefits of understanding how to manage change effectively
- Recognize examples of the roles HR fulfills at the strategic, administrative, and operational levels
- Recognize the role of HR as a strategic driver in an organization
- Recognize the benefits of understanding legal and regulatory processes
- Recognize steps in the legislative process
- Match the administrative laws to their descriptions
Human resources managers; leaders and professionals who are preparing for the Human Resource Certification Institute's Senior Professional in Human Resources certification examination; compensation and benefits analysts