To understand different threats to the enterprise environment and recognize different ways of increasing the security of application development; to prepare candidates for one of the ten knowledge domains assessed in (ISC)2's CISSP certification exam
- Application Development Fundamentals - distinguish between open and closed source code and recognize the functionality of different program types.
- Attack Methods - distinguish between the types of attacks used in the enterprise environment and identify the appropriate methods to counteract them.
- Malicious Code - recognize the different types of malicious code that can affect a system or network and identify the methods that can be used to mitigate them.
- Identifying and Dealing with Attacks - identify the type of attack being perpetrated in a given scenario and determine the appropriate steps to counteract it.
- Knowledge-Based Systems and the Development Life Cycle - recognize the characteristics of various knowledge-based systems and identify the activities involved in the different phases of the information systems development life cycle.
- Databases and Data Warehousing - distinguish between various database models and technologies, and define basic concepts associated with databases and data warehousing.
- Selecting a Database Model - select the appropriate database model for a given set of criteria.
Mid-level and senior-level managers who are working toward or have already attained positions as CISOs, CSOs or Senior Security Engineers