Get Answers to the Tough Questions Confronting the Legal Profession
Do you know how to recognize substance abuse in a colleague or supervising attorney? Do you have a clear view of what to do in such a situation? This practical legal guide provides practical analysis of attorney substance abuse and its implications to the clients, the court, and other affected parties. Get realistic methods of prevention and response and come away with a list of useful resources - register today!
- Explore what does "functional alcoholism" is and how to deal with it in the workplace.
- Learn how to report suspected substance abuse.
- Get realistic approaches to accommodating treatment.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure seamless continued client representation.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Jeffrey D. Johnsen
- Substance Abuse: Prevention, Detection and Treatment
- Identifying Symptoms of Abuse - Early Warning Signs
- When the Ability to Represent Clients is Compromised
- Reporting Suspected Substance Abuse by a Colleague
- Actively Assessing Treatment Needs
- Recognizing and Handling Functional Alcoholism
- Ensuring Continued Client Representation
- Lawyer Assistance Programs (LAP)
This legal ethics course offers attorneys solutions to the dilemmas of substance abuse and other addictions. The course may also benefit in-house counsel, law office administrators and other legal staff.