Get the Latest Information and Tools to Save Clients on Taxes
This incisive course will get you up to speed on the year's developments in estate planning and asset protection tax laws so you can make tactical decisions and provide cutting-edge representation. Let our esteemed faculty guide you through ongoing legislative developments, key laws and rulings so you can enhance your tax planning strategy and ensure compliant returns - order today!
- Clarify recent changes in tax law and regulation and prepare for their potential effects.
- Analyze the most important case law of the year to glean future threats and opportunities for your clients.
- Hear about new tax tools to add to your arsenal.
- Get an advance look at future developments coming down the pike.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Current Relevant Federal Tax Laws, Rates, Exemptions
10:00 - 10:30, T. James Lee
- Trust Tax Deductions under TCJA: Core Changes and Clear Guidance
10:30 - 11:15, T. James Lee
- Which Deductions are Eliminated and Which are Clearly Still Usable?
- Gray Areas Under the New Law
- Trustee Fees, Tax Pre Fees, Administrative Expenses, etc.
- Recommendations for Making Decisions in Times of Uncertainty
- Charitable Deductions
- Is Trust Modification Needed/Possible?
- IRS Tax Forms and Procedures Updates
11:30 - 12:00, Debra L. Scott
- Unpacking the Section 199A Changes and Opportunities
12:00 - 12:30, T. James Lee
- SECURE Act and Its Effect on IRA Planning
12:30 - 1:00, Paul F. Wright
- Current IRS Guidance and Enforcement Initiatives
1:30 - 2:00, Debra L. Scott
- Cross-Border Tax Issues Every Estate Planner Needs to Know
2:00 - 2:30, Paul F. Wright
- Foreign Assets Reporting
- Out-of-State Property
- Delaware and Other Changes in Top Favorable Jurisdictions
- Reassessing and Repairing/Replacing Old Tax Planning Techniques
2:30 - 3:00, T. James Lee
- Legal Ethics and Tax Planning
3:15 - 4:15, Paul F. Wright
- Guarding Confidentiality
- Attorney Fees
- Fiduciary Liability Issues
- Conflicts of Interest
- Looking Ahead
4:15 - 5:00, Debra L. Scott
- The Administration's Revenue Proposals
- Treasury-IRS Priority Guidance Plan
- Federal and State Case Rulings to Keep an Eye on
- Other Trends You Need to Know
This essential tax update is for attorneys. Accountants, tax professionals, wealth managers, trust administrators/officers and paralegals will also benefit.