Discover the Power of Paying It Forward
Mentoring is one of the critical keys to your professional success. While it appears simple on its surface, developing an impactful mentoring relationship involves a significant amount of consideration and planning both by the mentee and the mentor.
In this webinar, you will discover what mentoring is (and what it isn’t) and how you can capitalize on this powerful partnership to become a more effective leader.
You’ll discover how to design a mentoring alliance that will benefit both parties while establishing clear guidelines and milestones to ensure the sharing of knowledge and building of networks with measurable outcomes.
About Your Instructor
Tonya Echols is an Executive Coach, Leadership Consultant, facilitator, speaker, and writer. She is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) of which she is also a Global member and President Elect of the ICF Georgia Chapter. Tonya was recognized by LinkedIn ProFinder as one of the standout Executive Coaches of the year for 2016 and 2017, and her writing has been featured in several publications including Forbes, HuffPost, and Training Industry.
Mentoring is critical part of professional development for leaders and the organizations they support. This webinar will show you how to create a powerful mentoring relationship either as a mentor or mentee to create meaningful and measurable outcomes for
What You Will Cover
- Specific advice and guidance to those who currently have a mentor and to those who are seeking one
- How to determine what you can contribute to a mentoring relationship and what’s in it for you
- How to identify a potential mentor
- Steps for connecting with and inviting someone to be your mentor
- Determining what you want to get out of a mentoring relationship
- Defining goals and expectations for both mentors and mentees
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand mentoring and the benefits of it from the perspective of both the mentor and mentee and how it differs from coaching, advising, and sponsors/advocates
- Explain how to find a mentor and understand the rules of engagement for a successful partnership that benefits both parties including building trust and sharing feedback
- Articulate how setting goals with meaningful outcomes for your mentoring relationship is critical to ensure that both parties benefit from the partnership
- Create a Mentor Plan designating potential team members you would like to mentor formally or informally and key insights you want to share with your future mentees
How AMA Webinars Work
AMA Webinars provide you with a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your know-how. You can participate in the comfort of your home or office without the need for travel costs and time.
BONUS: Paid registrants will also get a single-user license to access a recorded archive of the program for a full year so that you can watch the program again and again to boost your skill set.
Please note that AMA Webinars are designed to provide a one-to-one learning experience for an individual and are not designed to be viewed in a group setting. Program access is available only via the MYAMA account of the registered attendee.
New and seasoned managers, team leaders, directors and others who want to build skills and advance their career.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions