Introduction to C++ Programming / Intensive C++ is a skills-focused, hands-on C++ training course geared for experienced programmers who need to learn C++ coupled with sounds coding skills and best practices for OO development. Students will leave this course armed with the required skills to put foundation-level C++ programming skills right to work in a practical environment.
The central concepts of C++ syntax and style are taught in the context of using object-oriented methods to achieve reusability, adaptability and reliability. Emphasis is placed on the features of C++ that support abstract data types, inheritance, and polymorphism. Students will learn to apply the process of data abstraction and class design. Practical aspects of C++ programming including efficiency, performance, testing, and reliability considerations are stressed throughout. Comprehensive hands on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce learning and develop real competency.
- Writing procedural programs using C++
- Using private, public and protected keywords to control access to class members
- Defining a class in C++
- Writing constructors and destructors
- Writing classes with const and static class members
- Overloading operators
- Implementing polymorphic methods in programs
- Writing programs using file I/O and string streams
- Using manipulators and stream flags to format output
- Using the keyword template to write generic functions and classes
- Writing programs that use generic classes and functions
- Writing programs that use algorithms and containers of the Standard Library
- Apply object-oriented design techniques to real-world programming problems
- Using algorithms and containers of the Standard Library to manipulate string data
- Understand how C++ protects the programmer from implementation changes in other modules of an application
- Using try() blocks to trap exceptions
- Using catch() blocks to handle exceptions
- Defining exceptions and using throw to trigger them
This course is for experienced developers.