Save Time and Increase Your Success Rate
Technology and laws change, and debt collectors must keep up if they hope to locate debtors and maximize recovery. This program will equip you with advanced skip tracing techniques and strategies that the experts use to track down the most hard-to-find debtors and their hidden assets. Don't miss this opportunity to take your skip tracing skills to the next level - order today!
- Receive an update on recent debt collection law changes you need to know.
- Extract maximum value out of public databases and records.
- Take your social media and search engine skills to the next level.
- Learn the best free and paid websites to add to your skip tracing toolbox.
- Get expert advice on breaking through challenging debt collection roadblocks.
- Acquire practical tips on communicating with debtors once you have located them.
10:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
- Skip Tracing: The Art of Finding People Who Do Not Want to Be Found
10:00 - 10:30, Ronald S. Weiss
- Skip Tracing Refresher
- Profiling Your Skip
- The Skip Tracer's Ultimate Toolbox
- Recent Changes You Need to Know: Privacy Laws, FCRA, FDCPA, etc.
- New Technologies and Skip Tracing Resources
- Getting More Out of Databases and Public Records
10:30 - 11:30, Michael D. Mazur
- The Best Skip Tracing Databases and Software
- Phone Number Databases
- Names, Aliases, Addresses, DOB, Death Records
- Applications: Job, Credit Card, Loans
- Public Record Databases
- Court Records
- Government and Military Records
- Social Security Information; Disability
- Criminal Background Checks
- Driver's License Databases and Vehicle Registration
- Bank, Credit Bureau, Tax, Property Info, etc.
- Utility Records
- Travel Records, GPS and Maps
- Social Media and Google: Tools and Tricks You May Not Know
11:45 - 12:45, Lynda L. Laing
- New Social Media Platforms
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and More: Nifty Tips and Things You May be Overlooking
- Different Profile Names and Pseudonyms
- Google Reverse Image Search
- Google Alerts
- Google Cache - Locating Deleted Posts
- Smartphones - Geo-Tagging and Other Metadata
- The Best Internet Resources Many Skip Tracers Don't Know About
1:15 - 1:45, Ronald S. Weiss
- Free Websites - Find it Free and Fast
- Paid Websites That Are Worth the Money
- Unlisted Numbers, Duplicate Names and More: Overcoming Key Roadblocks
1:45 - 2:15, Lynda L. Laing
- When You Have Few Leads to Go On
- Dealing with Incorrect or Unlisted Numbers
- Outdated Information and Old Records
- Tracking Down Tough Skips: Intentional Skips & Skips with Criminal Intent
- The Constantly-Moving Target
- Duplicate Names
- Sorting Through a Sea of Data and Avoiding Dead Ends
- Extracting Information From Family, Friends and Other Acquaintances Who Do Not Want to Talk
- Tracking Down Hidden Assets: Asset Tracing Techniques and Digital Forensics
2:15 - 3:15, Michael D. Mazur
- Gems Hiding in Plain Sight: Reading the Small Print
- Tax Returns
- Pay Stubs
- Bank Statements, Credit Card Statements
- Loan Applications
- Real and Personal Property Records, Lien Records
- Business Financial Statements
- Using Computer Forensics to Detect Hidden Assets
- Mobile Devices and Data
- When You've Found Who (or What) You're Looking for
3:30 - 4:00, Lynda L. Laing
- Communications: Handling Silent, Difficult or Hostile People
- Overcoming Challenges in Securing Assets
- Getting Help Across State or International Lines
- Legal Ethics
4:00 - 5:00, Ronald S. Weiss
- Conflicts of Interest
- Preserving Confidential Information
- "Friending" a Debtor on Social Media
- Truthfulness and Candor
This course is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit bankers, lenders, paralegals, private investigators, accountants and collection personnel.