Navigate Small Business Deals with Confidence
From early planning to closing, there's no shortage of hazards on the path to a successful acquisition. Take a step-by-step look at key legal issues throughout the small business M&A lifecycle. Explore best practices for approaching due diligence, valuation, tax, and purchase agreements. Get top tips for closing the deal. Register today!
- Get front-end strategies for planning, structuring and timing the transaction.
- Learn how to spot and avoid common red flags during due diligence.
- Discover tactics for minimizing tax and risk during the acquisition.
- Gain drafting techniques for preparing deal documents.
- Delve into the closing phase and learn what your checklist should cover.
- Overcome top post-closing concerns surrounding business and cultural integration.
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Presenter: Maureen Crush
- Is a Merger or Acquisition the Right Move? Factors to Consider
- Laying the Foundation for a Successful Transaction: Goals, Timetables, and Pre-Sale Preparation
- Reviewing a Sample Transaction Process Timeline
- Conducting Due Diligence: Warning Signs to Watch Out For
- Business Valuation Best Practices
- Structuring the Sale to Minimize Risk and Taxes
- Drafting and Negotiating Merger and Acquisition Purchase Agreements
- When to Require Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Closing Procedures and Checklists
- Business Systems Integration, Cultural Compatibility, and Post-Closing Concerns
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit from attending