Learn What Still Works, and How to Fix the Rest
The SECURE Act has dramatically changed planning for inherited IRAs, having finally killed the IRA stretch technique. The new law critically impacts the multitude of existing IRA trusts. It is time for quick thinking. This practical legal course will guide you through the key challenges it creates and will offer real-life solutions to the critical new problems. Keep up with the practice - order today!
- Analyze existing trusts to determine the right course of action. Is the existing trust still performing a function consistent with the grantor's intent?
- Prevent the crisis of missed RMDs with effective solutions from experienced faculty.
- Learn how naming a CRT as an IRA beneficiary benefits grantor's beneficiaries and how it plays out.
- Find out when and how to use Roth conversions.
- Split the primary beneficiaries of the IRA to share the tax burden (since delaying it is no longer an option after the stretch's death).
- Use CRTs to generate longer income streams.
- Figure out what to do with existing conduit trusts.
11:00 am to 2:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break Time 12:30 - 12:45
11:00 - 12:30, K. Kyle McKay
- SECURE Act Provisions
- The Death of the Stretch
- RMD Provisions
- Rollover Rules Update
- Roth Conversions
- Is the Old IRA Trust Still Useful Under the New Law?
- Short-Term RMD Workarounds
12:45 - 2:15, G. Christopher Wright
- Fixing Non-Performing Trusts: Long-Term Strategies
- Problems with Conduit Trusts
- Future IRA Planning Strategies
- Beneficiary Designations
- Charitable Rollovers and Trusts
- Working Through Likely Tax Scenarios
This legal program is designed for attorneys looking to increase their knowledge of IRA planning. Accountants, tax professionals, estate planners, trustees, and paralegals will also benefit.