You’ve probably heard of (or may already use) a form of “Dynasty” Trust that can keep assets in your client’s family for several generations without incurring estate taxes - - but are you familiar with the little nuances that can elevate such garden variety generation-skipping trust into a superior asset protection trust?
Once you do, you’ll have a big edge over the competition and be able to demand and receive substantially higher fees!
On this 60-minute audio conference, we will cover:
About the Speaker:
- How to explain the staggering benefits of a true Dynasty Trust - so virtually every client will want one!
- How to carefully design the Dynasty Trust’s distribution provisions so you keep the Trust locked down when creditors try to break in (warning: “HEMS” is not entry-proof!)
- What powers you can give to the beneficiary acting as his own Trustee without causing Estate Tax inclusion or opening the trust to creditors
- How to use multiple Trustees with different powers to enhance beneficiary control and creditor protection
- How the Dynasty Trust can be set up in a jurisdiction with more favorable perpetuities laws - - directly from the author of Nevada’s 365 year rule!
Steve Oshins, Esq. is an attorney at the Law Offices of Oshins & Associates, LLC in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is rated AV by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. Steve was voted into the NAEPC Estate Planning Hall of Fame®, has been named one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Worth, one of the Best Lawyers in America in the Trusts & Estates category in The American Lawyer, one of the Best Lawyers in America in the Tax Law category in Corporate Counsel, and named Nevada Super Lawyer in the Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning category in Nevada Business Journal.
Steve has been featured and/or quoted in many media publications including, among others, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Kiplinger’s, Registered Rep, Investment News, and Lawyers Weekly. He has authored numerous estate planning and asset protection articles in magazines such as Estate Planning, Trusts & Estates, CCH Estate Planning Review, Asset Protection Journal, as well as others. He is also a frequent lecturer nationally on advanced estate planning and asset protection techniques, including a presentation on asset protection at the 39th Annual Heckerling Institute on Estate Planning. Testimonials:"Excellent, excellent, excellent!" - Robert P., Estate Planning Attorney, Atlanta, Georgia
"Steve is always a wealth of information. Thanks for letting me participate in this great program!" - Candice J., CPA, Las Vegas, Nevada