"We need to talk..."
Sexually offensive behavior ... inappropriate attire … tardiness … poor work habits … personal hygiene. Managers and HR professionals are routinely forced to discuss those uncomfortable topics with employees. But most never learned how.
Now you can—with Tough Talks: Scripts & Strategies for Difficult Employee Discussions. This new webinar offers realistic sample dialogues to help you sidestep potential awkwardness and conduct clear, direct discussions with employees.
Discover how to use “positive confrontation” to simultaneously protect yourself and your organization, while treating employees with dignity (and boosting your image).
You’ll not only learn exactly what to say, but how to say it.
Best of all, your host will be Paul Falcone, VP of HR at Time Warner and the man who literally wrote the book on the subject—101 Tough Conversations to Have With Employees.
- The “9 Rules of Engagement” for successfully handling employee discussions. You’ll want to print out and reread those rules before any important employee talk.
- Using “perception management” in your favor to frame the discussion.
- How the power of guilt can be used to help employees assume responsibility for problems.
- A legally safe script to use when employees want to talk “off the record” about an employee relations issue.
- “New supervisor syndrome” and how you should address new managers differently than experienced ones.
- The 3 practical steps for discussions that stop attitude problems in their tracks.
- Behavioral problems
- Excessive absenteeism
- Patterns of absenteeism
- Personal hygiene
- Disputes among subordinates
- Foul language
- Sexually inappropriate actions
- Time card “mistakes”
This workshop is the ultimate guide for HR professionals and bosses who need some guidance on what to say after “Got a minute?” You’ll learn practical strategies and model dialogue for handling even the most awkward discussions.
Stop taking the path of least resistance and start tackling those issues head-on today. It’s guaranteed to help you catapult your management and leadership skills to new heights. Sign up for Tough Talks: Scripts & Strategies for Difficult Employee Discussions today!
Special Bonus: The first 50 registrants will receive a free copy of 101 Tough Conversations. The 304-page book provides you with detailed sample dialogue to use in talking to employees about those “touchy” topics—everything from tardiness to poor work habits to bad breath.