Let's face it. Every manager does it: you put off those difficult conversations just hoping the problems will disappear.
Whether its vulgar language, excessive gossip, inappropriate dress, personal hygiene, or performance issues…every manager will face these challenging employee behaviors at some point in their career.
Unfortunately, these tough conversations are unavoidable and need to be conducted with finesse, skill and a hearty understanding of what is legal. Sure, clear, concise communication skills are terrific, but these conversations also require practical, hands-on communication with a well-thought out plan.
In this 75-minute audio conference, designed specifically for managers, you will learn how to take control of difficult conversations and move beyond the anxiety that comes with them.Learning Objectives
- Getting started: how to begin the conversation
- Techniques for confronting difficult employees
- Methods to create an atmosphere that engages the employee and gets to the truth
- Questions a manager must ask and which ones to avoid
- How to avoid misinterpretations
- How to move past observations and address only the facts
- Best practices for handling threats, accusations and defiance
- Tips for providing criticism that does not cross the legal line
- How to handle emotional employees and keep yours in check
Plus, we'll help you tackle those tough one-on-one discussions with employees that:
- Have "attitude problems" or are “rule breakers”
- Emotionally breakdown or "lose it"
- Cause conflict and can’t get along with co-workers
- Have an excuse for everything
- And much, much more
Don't wait; Order today!