With changing rules, regulations, and court cases, being COBRA compliant is extremely complex. Not understanding the proper procedures and design options can really hurt your company.
Our COBRA Training & Certification Program - a recipient of the "ASTD Excellence In Design" award - covers everything from the basics to advanced concepts, and will provide the answers to your questions regarding COBRA administration and COBRA compliance.
Who Should Use This Course
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous "Administrative Tips" and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special "Bookmark" feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of HRCI PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- EIGHT hours of SHRM PDC re-certification credits
- Test to become a "Certified COBRA Administrator". Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and you can download your Certificate right from your computer! You'll also be able to view any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple "Lessons" of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced COBRA administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced COBRA administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring COBRA training can customize this course. Please call us at 770-410-1219 for details.
- Benefits/HR managers
- New benefits/HR staff
- Administrative staff
- Third Party Administrators, who wish to earn the prestigious “Certified TPA” seal for use on their websites, proposals, and other marketing materials!)
Administration & Documentation:
- Background & Overview
- Employers And Plans Subject To COBRA
- Individuals Covered By COBRA
- The Initial COBRA Notice
- Qualifying Events
Qualifying Event Notices
- The COBRA Timeline
- Calculating COBRA Premiums
- Billing And Collection
- Premium Payment Issues
- Events Terminating COBRA Coverage
- Other Rules & Requirements
Advanced Compliance Solutions
- Open Enrollment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- COBRA And The Family And Medical Leave Act
Alternative Coverage Rules
- Proactively determine Cessation Of Dependency Status and other potential Qualifying Events before you're notified or - perhaps even worse - find out after the fact
- Use Affirmative Rejection and Alternative Coverage design options to reduce health care and claims costs
- Know how to address region-specific HMO issues, Health Flexible Spending Accounts, and other items where new guidance was recently issued
- Handle Medicare, FMLA, and other coordination issues