''The HIPAA Security rules require covered entities to implement safeguards to protect Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) from unauthorized access, alteration, deletion, and transmission.
These rules place multiple requirements on covered entities, and has broad application for many health plans, service providers, and human resources professionals as these rules create significant limitations in the way that certain health information is maintained and transferred.
The HIPAA Security Training & Certification Program covers both the basics and the detailed rules. The Program includes plain-English descriptions of the requirements, as well as numerous administrative tips, examples, and interactive Q&A to help provide valuable insight into compliance requirements.
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, “Administrative Tips”, and “Procedural Recommendations”, as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to HIPAA Security administration.Program Benefits
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous “Administrative Tips” and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special “Bookmark” feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- Test to become a “Certified HIPAA Security Administrator”. Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and your Certificate is mailed directly to you! We also show you any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness!
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.Other Details
Who Should Use This Course
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple “Lessons” of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced HIPAA Security administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced HIPAA Security administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring HIPAA Security training can customize this course.
- Benefits/HR managers
- New benefits/HR staff
- IT management/staff
- Administrative staff
- Cross training
- Third Party Administrators (Note: TPAs also can earn the prestigious “Certified TPA” seal for use on their websites, proposals, and other marketing materials!)