by Brenda Huettner
Adobe Captivate 4: The Definitive Guide, the follow-up to Wordware’s popular Adobe Captivate 3: The Definitive Guide, steps you through all the procedures needed to create Flash movies based on any software on your desktop.
You’ll learn how to create Flash movies, edit individual screens, add and edit sound, even add interactivity (with or without grading) for complete customization.
The expanded e-learning chapter in this edition discusses a variety of ways to build quizzing functions with individual questions and question pools. A chapter on branching shows how to move slide elements on a visual display, and how to create paths through a movie that give each viewer a unique experience.
This book covers everything from getting the software installed and activated, manipulating the movie files, adding and editing audio, and building quizzes, all the way to delivery mechanisms of the final output and integrating your movies with other applications.Key Features
Table of Contents
- Completely revised for the current version of software (release 4), this book is a practical guide to creating Flash files using Captivate
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions for all software features make it ideal for anyone learning the software
- Anecdotes, advice, and best practices help even seasoned users create useful movies more quickly and more efficiently
- Screen shots throughout show the visual display of slides, toolbars, and other movie components
- Chapter 1: Installing and Configuring Captivate
- Chapter 2: Getting Ready to Make Movies
- Chapter 3: Creating Your First Movie (Just the Basics!)
- Chapter 4: Recording a Movie
- Chapter 5: Creating Movies Without Recording
- Chapter 6: Working with Slides
- Chapter 7: Editing a Single Slide
- Chapter 8: Defining What the User Hears: Adding Audio
- Chapter 9: Defining What the User Does: Adding Interactivity
- Chapter 10: Creating E-Learning Content
- Chapter 11: Working with the Branching View
- Chapter 12: Using Captivate Tools
- Chapter 13: Refining the Movie
- Chapter 14: Generating Captivate Output