This course helps you make sense of the rules that govern distributions from retirement plans, and avoid the stiff penalties that lurk in the fine print.
It covers the different types of retirement plans, including:
- 401(k)s and other profit-sharing plans
- IRAs and tax-deferred annuities
- The taxes and penalties that can deplete your nest egg
This course also covers:
- tax strategies before retirement
- tax strategies at retirement
- dividing a plan at divorce
- penalties for taking money out early
- minimizing taxes
- distributions you must take
- and distributions to your heirs
Upon ordering, you will receive the text material via USPS Priority Mail, generally within 3-4 days; overnight delivery is available for an additional charge. This complete CPE course includes:
- Textbook - written by experts in their field and will make a great addition to your personal reference library!
- Interactive Study Guide
- Test Booklet and Answer Sheet
- Log-on instructions for the taking the Certification Exam online.
The test includes 5 True/False or multiple choice questions for each CPE credit offered (for example, a CPE test worth 20 credits would include 100 questions). A score of 70% or better is required to pass this course; there is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam in order to pass.
After you have completed reviewing the text material, you may take your exam in one of two convenient formats:
- Test Booklet/Answer Sheet - read the textbook, record the answers to the test questions on the answer sheet and then return the answer sheet to us. You may either fax it or simply mail it in.
- Online Testing – log in and take your exam in an untimed, online format (the online questions are the same as those in your testing booklet) - your exam will be graded instantly! Most students fill out the answer sheet as they read through the book, and then transfer their answer sheet online.
When you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course title and how many credit hours you earned.
Course SummaryProgram Type:
- Students who take the examination online can print out the Certificate instantly.
- Students who mail/fax in their answer sheet will have their Certificate returned to them (if successful on the exam) by mail, fax or email. Certificates are usually sent within 24 hours from the time we receive your test.
This is an interactive, self-study CPE course.Program level:
None requiredMinimum final examination passing grade:
70%Maximum time allowed to complete the program:
One year from date of purchase