Are you ever frustrated with employees who challenge you, your ideas, and/or your leadership style? Have you ever suspected they see you as the "enemy" or someone who is the "boss" - and therefore not to be trusted? Have you tried being a coach - not a cop - or is discipline and punishment your first form of addressing a problem?
Coaching is a key skill that's critical to your success as a leader. If you're not getting the respect you deserve or you don't feel as connected with your staff as you would like to be, this presentation offers 21 Robust Keys for becoming the kind of boss who coaches his or her team to success!Learning Objectives
Highlights of this presentation include how to:
About Your Speaker
- Honor your employees by meeting the leadership challenge of achieving results and excellence through others by empowering them!
- Plan for coaching by setting ground rules and mutually agreed upon expectations
- Provide continuous support by helping employees reach their goals and improve performance without losing their cool when problems arise
- Avoid the pitfalls of being more of a boss and less of a coach
- Provide them with the training and support that they need to think creatively, handle complex workplace situations, take calculated risks, solve problems, and make decisions
- Establish clear and measurable goals along with specific action steps
- Listen to what your employees are REALLY saying as well as what there are not saying by listening with "the third ear"
- Help your employees focus on the positives and think in terms of possibilities both personally and professionally
- Temper premature criticism and keep an open mind regarding new approaches to being an effective coach
Carol Hacker is a celebrated speaker and author who is nationally recognized as a "high-content presenter who motivates". Carol teaches her audiences how to build profitability through winning teams, productivity, employee competence, and a commitment to excellence.
As the author of over 350 published articles, 13 books, and scores of audio CDs, her conference attendees number in the hundreds of thousands. She presents more than 100 programs every year on recruiting, retention, leading a multigenerational workforce, team building, performance evaluation, motivation, change management and more. PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.