Year end is approaching and it is time to start thinking about your year-end processes, including: W-2s
- Have you reviewed the 2009 W-2? Are you aware of any changes that have occurred or any new reporting items that need to be included?
- The IRS and SSA still perform W-2 "matching" to insure correct tax identification numbers and names are used, and are issuing W-2 penalties for incomplete or incorrect forms
- These penalties and notices are both time consuming and costly, so you want to make sure that you know how to avoid issues with your W-2s
- Do you provide your employees with a Form W-4 for completion and use as of January 1?
- Are you aware of changes with the W-4 and are you prepared to answer any employee inquiries?
During this training session, we will cover:
About Your Speaker
- The Form W-2 and Form W-4, any changes during the past year, and how to complete the forms with a focus on auditing the current year W-2s once the forms have been completed
- The current-year W-2 with a focus on avoiding any notices from the SSA or IRS for incomplete or incorrect forms
- The Form W-4 and the most commonly asked questions faced by the payroll department from employees
- When to accept the W-4 versus tax at Single Zero
- What do we do when an employee refuses to sign the W-4
- Best practice discussion around the completion of each form
Mindy Harada, CPP, is an employment tax specialist who has over 17 years of employment tax experience as an independent consultant, an employee with one of the Big 4 firms, and as a payroll tax auditor. Ms. Harada previously was the west coast practice leader for the Employment Tax Practice at Deloitte Tax LLP.
Ms. Harada is a frequent presenter on various employment tax topics at APA events and for several payroll service providers on a national basis. She has presented before the Society of CPAs and has also spoken at several Payroll Conferences throughout the country. PHR / SPHR Credits!
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.