Last Year OSHA issued over 40,000 citations for safety violations in the workplace. In one example, a well known company was fined over $1 million for safety violations that resulted in an employee's death. The good news - many organizations have learned to comply with OSHA regulations and have avoided fines and citations when audited by OSHA.
Even more important - these proactive organizations keep their employees safe! Learning Objectives
- OSHA's 10 most frequently cited violations in a built environment
- Using the OSHA Compliance Wheel as a model for your safety program
- The #1 violation and why you're probably not compliant right now
- OSHA's General Duty Clause and how it can be a compliance trap
- Training, inspections, written plans and other "administrative" requirements
- Strategies and common mistakes when OSHA visits
- How to convince management of the value of implementing your safety program
This presentation is a must for organizations who want to be proactive in their safety programs. By attending you'll learn how to immediately spot violations in the workplace and how to correct them to OSHA standards.Continuing Education Credits
This audio conference is approved for 1.5 hours of HRCI credit. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for re-certification credit.