This course is delivered live in a traditional classroom format. If you don't see a location near you, or wish to attend remotely, you might be interested in a virtual live delivery of this course. Follow this link to browse virtual live dates you can attend from the web: AMA's Virtual Live Business Writing Workshop
Would you like a quick and easy method for composing documents such as letters, memos, reports, proposals, and performance appraisals in an organized format? In this seminar, you will learn basic document formats and formulas for tackling any kind of writing task and communicating to your readers what they need to know. You'll streamline your writing process and save time by focusing on what to write instead of how to write it.
You will also learn to:
- Quickly organize your thoughts and generate content
- Eliminate numerous time-consuming revisions
- Rid your writing of "fluff," so you'll generate concise content
Bring a current project and get one-on-one feedback.
1. Guidelines for Effective Business Writing
- Principles that ensure effective business writing
- The need for planning and establishing purpose
- Meeting the reader's needs and expectations
- Techniques for overcoming writer's block
2. Writing the First Draft
- Techniques for achieving clarity and precision in daily business writing
- Role of word choice
- Constructing sentences that are clear and direct
- Using linking words and phrases in sentences and paragraphs
- Active and passive voice and parallelism
- Patterns of organizing information
3. Memos and Letters
- Guidelines for writing effective memos and letters
- Importance of opening sentences
- How and when to use persuasive, positive, and negative words
- Using appropriate tone
4. Composing E-Mail
- Guidelines for writing effective e-mail
- Importance of subject lines
5. Editing and Proofreading the Final Version
- Recognizing common proofreading errors
- Techniques for effective editing and proofreading
- Methods for revising the first draft
- Avoiding sexist or offensive language
- Often confused words
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions.
Business professionals at any level who need to save time by streamlining their writing process