In this one-day preliminary course for those new to Mac OS X who need to prepare for the Mac OS X Support Essentials course or other technical Mac OS X training courses. This course focuses on getting to know the foundations of Mac OS X, with topics ranging from efficient window and application management to system customization. You'll also learn how to configure user accounts and manage files.
1. Mac OS X user interface
2. Mac OS X basics
- Customize system-wide preferences and user preferences
- Use the Mac OS X help system
- How common applications integrate with each other
3. Manage multiple applications and multiple windows within applications
4. Dashboard and Automator
5. Basic principles of file sharing
6. Working with multiple users
Those new to the Mac OS X platform who need to obtain the skills to support other Mac OS X users. This could include entry-level IT personnel in businesses that use Mac OS X systems for general productivity or creative design, service technicians who support Mac OS X customers, and technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of Mac OS X systems for their organization, including teachers and technology specialists who manage a classroom network or computer labs.