Do you know how to encourage excellence in a culture of "no change"? Are you able to keep your cool when things go wrong? Are you a confident or a reluctant delegator?
Effective management requires a balancing act. You have to deal with difficult people to resolve conflicts, win cooperation and trust, and find ways to energize your employees to give their best effort. Utilizing the practice in emotional intelligence, this seminar helps you develop the right mix of management and communication styles to get the most from your team. You'll be able to transform resistance into support and ensure your team's values and corporate goals are in sync.
This blended learning course combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses, and other resources to provide a compelling and more comprehensive experience for you, maximize your training goals, and produce a greater return-on-investment for you and your employer.
How You Will Benefit
- Motivate and direct the employees you rely on-even when they don't share your values
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Get more done by using the appropriate delegation techniques for any given situation
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from everyone in your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, and personal and professional satisfaction in your job by managing people successfully
1. Experience of Being a Manager
- How economic and social trends have changed the manager's role
- New language that reflects this role
- Defining "successfully managing peopleas "getting people to want to do what they're supposed to do"
- Specific challenges faced when motivating others in today's organizations
- Source of values
- How values impact work life
- How values can have productive and unproductive impacts
- Values conflicts in yourself and in others
3. Personal Styles: DISC
- Determine your personal profile (DISC profile)
- Strengths and limitations of your DISC profile
- Use behavioral clues to determine others' personal styles
- How to more effectively work with other personal profiles
- Important factors in motivation
- How different theories of motivation can be applied to your work setting
- Tailor your motivational efforts to individual employees and different situations
5. Listening, Body Language, Giving Feedback, and Dealing with Difficult People
- Use techniques of active listening to better gain information and to recognize the worth of employees' perspectives
- Effectively use positive and corrective feedback
- Use values alignment appropriately when dealing with difficult employees
- Dimensions of conflict resolution
- Your preferred conflict resolution styles
- How to productively use different conflict resolution styles in different situations
- Different delegation styles and how and when to use them
- Evaluate employees and situations and determine the appropriate delegation style
- Importance of openness to trying new delegation styles with employees as appropriate
8. Understanding Organizational Culture and Subculture
- Impact of organizational culture and subculture in work life
- Impact of "cultural blindersin organizations
- Assumptions that impact your workgroup's thinking and actions
- Identify and build on the strengths of your workgroup's culture
9. Emotional Intelligence
- Components of emotional intelligence
- Assess your level of emotional intelligence
- Develop a strategy for improving your emotional intelligence
10. Ethical Leadership
- Good ethics is good business
- Ethical standards appropriate to your work
- Tie ethics to the process of adding stakeholder value
- Articulate your vision for ethical leadership in your group
11. Action Planning
- Develop a specific plan for applying workshop learning in the workplace
- Identify people who can support your action plans
- Schedule progress reviews
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee.
Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund.
We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions.
Managers and individuals with management responsibilities whose success depends on clear communication, a cooperative attitude, and commitment to shared goals.