Learn to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a POWER (System p) partitioned environment. This course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power7 system managed by HMC version 7. This course is also appropriate for prior releases of AIX and has a high practical content.
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM systems director console for AIX
- Manage physical and logical devices
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager
- Perform logical volume and file system management
- Create and manage user and group accounts
- Perform and restore system backups
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to schedule system tasks, and security to implement customized access of files and directories
- Configure TCP/IP networking
- Define and run basic Workload Partitions (WPAR)
This is an intermediate course for anyone with system administrative duties implementing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.