Get Up to Speed on the Latest Developments in Family Law and Practice With Tips From Local Judges
How often have you wished you had a legal news filter that only let in relevant and significant legislative and procedural updates? Our panel of local family court judges have done precisely that. They've distilled the latest case law and current procedure information into a day of insightful discussion and in-depth analysis of recent and future family law trends. Hear the judges' preferences and pet peeves and get answers to the questions you've always wanted to ask - register today!
- Help your clients survive the custody evaluation and find out how much weight the evaluation report holds in determining child placement.
- Find out how the judges feel about the recent increase in support modification requests based on decrease in income.
- Discover what support enforcement options exist for your clients when the ex-spouse doesn't pay.
- Review the most prominent ethical dilemmas and get compliance and resolution tips from the judges.
- Understand how the issues of equitable distribution of assets have changed in the recent economic history and what that means to your ongoing cases.
- Get an update on the evolving realm of divorce discovery and guard your clients from unwanted exposure online.
- Review the latest in mediation and collaborative law techniques that have your judges' approval.
- Discuss the recent increase in domestic abuse and get simple tips for proper response.
- Take advantage of the unique opportunity to ask your local family court judges questions.
AM Session 9:00-12:00
Panel Members: Justice Susan W. Ashley, Justice Paul S. Moore, Master Robert J. Foley and Moderator - William E. Brennan
- Psychological and Custody Evaluations: How They Relate to Parental Rights and Responsibilities and Parenting Time
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities and Parenting Time Determinants, Relocation and Parental Kidnapping Prevention
- Child and Spousal Support: Factors in Determination, Modification, Termination and Enforcement
- Dealing With the Assets and Debts
PM Session 1:00-4:30
Panel Members: Justice Susan W. Ashley, Justice Paul S. Moore, Master Anne D. Barber and Moderator - William E. Brennan
- Legal Ethics - The Judicial View
- Rules of Evidence
- Mediation and Collaborative Law
- Domestic Violence
This basic-to-intermediate level course will benefit:
- Family Mediators
- Parenting Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Guardians Ad Litem