In this conference you'll learn ...
- How to get the most out of the multitude of tools packed into this awesome application
- Tips on cutting your production time significantly with the help of Photoshop gurus' tips and shortcuts ... no more deadline panic!
- Ways you can avoid the techno-glitches that can destroy hours of your hard work
- How to produce out-of-this-world special effects that will leave other designers scratching their heads
- And much more!
How'd they do that? Like most designers, you probably devour new attention-riveting images for hints you can use to create your own design masterpieces. Attend this conference and you'll learn the hottest design techniques by having a Photoshop guru demonstrate the steps, sharing his or her hard-learned secrets, tips and tricks. This information-packed event will help you be more creative, work faster and produce better images with Photoshop.
The conference is set up in a convenient two-track format, with 10 dynamic sessions to choose from. Attend one track from start to finish, or mix and match sessions to meet your needs.
Program hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Track One: Mastering the basics of Photoshop
Touring the Photoshop environment
- Learn how to collapse, expand, move, resize and even change panels the easy way
- Discover how to access Photoshop's most important tools through the valuable Tools Panel
- Photoshop's impressive Applications, Status and Options bars-explained!
- The many ways you can arrange multiple images on the screen with the new Arrange Documents option
- How easy it is to search, view and organize your digital images with Adobe Bridge
Customizing your Photoshop
- Ways to customize your workspace to suit your needs and work flow
- How to swap out your Screen Mode to create more room to view your image
- Create your own specialized presets
- Uncover keyboarding shortcuts the experts use and take advantage of key preference settings that will help you get more done faster
- Using the history function: How to record all the changes you make to an image
Taking the mystery out of layers
- Make sense of the mysterious world of layers and other features that can make image editing a snap
- Get grounded in the basics-everything from how to make layers transparent and utilize fill layers to how to move and stack layers
- Simple methods for staying organized and reducing the drain on your computer's memory as your projects grow
- How to merge, link and color-code layers
- Add layer styles for that "wow" effect and create stunning custom vignettes using a layer mask
It's all in the selection
- What the Marquee, Lasso, Quick Selection and Crop tools do and-when and how to use each
- Little-known ways to precisely move, manipulate, slice, invert, grow, rotate and scale images-without wasting valuable time
- Got a background or image you're not crazy about? See how to delete it with the amazing Eraser tool
- How to clean up an image selection with Feather and Refine
Let Photoshop bring out the creativity in you
- Learn how to quickly and easily retouch images the way the experts do
- Repair and restore techniques that'll really boost your creativity into the stratosphere
- How to add special effects to bring life to ho-hum text
- How very easy it is to customize gradients so they really stand out
- Ways to add dramatic lighting, effects, shadows and highlights to images
- How to frame your photos for that super-professional, "finished" look
Track Two: Secrets, techniques and methods for Photoshop pros
Tapping the creative power of layers, masks and channels
- Get the job done faster, more creatively and without the frustration (and failures) using Photoshop's innovative Layers Palette
- Step-by-step how-to's for using multiple layers, layer masks, blend modes and other options to turn out great-looking images
- Avoid quality degradation by converting layers into a Smart Object
- Use Adjustment layers to experiment with colors and tones without ever touching your original layer
Ready to upgrade? Here's the buzz on Photoshop's best new features
- Trying to decide whether to upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop? Valuable information you will want to know
- A firsthand look at some of Photoshop's hottest new features-including the new Adjustments Panel
- Rotate your view of a picture on screen with Photoshop's cool Rotate View tool
- Create the perfect image in one step using the Content-Aware Scale
- Explore the improved 3-D features everyone is talking about
Turn so-so images into sensational ones! Picture-perfect touch-ups
- How to effortlessly eliminate undesirable halos and gray zones
- Ways to sharpen images ... perfect skin tones ... and make dynamic nondestructive adjustments to your images
- Solved! No more struggles with dialog boxes that lock you in and make it hard to execute needed adjustments-it's all explained here.
- How to perform digital "makeovers" on the people in your images
The secrets to great color and stunning special effects
- Creative ways to enhance your image's color
- Learn how to kick Photoshop into high gear and start creating flawless projects that pack a punch
- Easy-to-remember tips for controlling the colors and lights in your work environment
- How to work with different color modes as well as how to use Photoshop's dramatically enhanced color correction tools
- Pull out all the stops-working with levels and curves and using blending and filtering options
How to save time by automating Photoshop actions
- How to use the Actions Panel to automate time-consuming and even complicated actions
- How to create Tool presets to remember your most-used settings and speed up work flow
- Using Layer Comps to take a snapshot of which layers are on and off
- A powerful way to rename bulk files in an orderly system and create a Smart collection that automatically includes all photos that meet the criteria you set
Registrations for classes must originate from either the United States or Canada.
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.