Troubleshooting Electrical Control Circuits (3-day)
Learn to Wire, Operate, and Troubleshoot a Circuit Before Noon, Day 1. With National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT, Inc.) Sharpen and Improve These Skills With Continued Hands-On Training!
"This course has greatly helped me troubleshoot electrical controls more effectively. It helped me get to the source of the problem quickly in order to correct it." Baltimore, MD
- Reduce outsourcing costs by troubleshooting your own electrical circuits!
- Increase your efficiency by effectively applying your new troubleshooting techniques.
- Precisely identify circuit faults using simple, quick, and proven troubleshooting techniques.
What You Will Learn:
- Practical, useful troubleshooting techniques that can be put into immediate use
- Methods to simplify and speed up the task of locating faults
- To eliminate guesswork about circuit conditions
- Common circuits for controlling pumps, air compressors, hydraulic systems, heating and air conditioning, and others
- Hands-On training. Learn by doing-Spend approximately 70% of the time actually working at a station with circuits that are identical to motor control circuits in your plant.
- Quickly learn basic troubleshooting techniques, with each exercise building on the last in a logical sequence to cover all of the standard motor control circuits used in the industry.
- Electrical Drawings & Diagrams
- Control Devices
- Electrical Contacts
- Manual Switches
- Automatic Switch
- Electronic or Solid-State Switches
- Electrical Safety and Multimeter Introduction
- Troubleshooting Steps
- Circuits Component Sizing
- Overload Protection
- Electrical References
- Basics of Motors
- Two-Wire Control and Hands-off/Auto
- Three-wire control – Start/Stop
- Jog/Inch circuits
- Sequencing start and stop circuits
- Timing circuits
- Automatic sequencing
- Forward/Reversing circuits
- Plug stop and anti-plugging circuits
- Two-speed motor control
- Reduced voltage starting circuits
Apprentice electricians starting out, journeymen wishing to upgrade their skills, or any engineering, maintenance, operations, or management personnel who come into contact with control systems in the course of their daily activity.
Course Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Number of Days: 3
NTT, Inc. reserves a block of rooms at the host hotel for your convenience. BOOK EARLY - This block of rooms will be released back to the hotel approximately 30 days from the seminar start date. NTT will send you complete hotel information the same day we receive your registration. Please make reservations directly with the hotel, and be sure to identify yourself as being with the NTT group to take advantage of any discounts that may have been negotiated. Hotel accommodations are not included in the seminar fee and are not guaranteed with your registration.