Learn About PLCs from a Single 3-Day Seminar with National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT, Inc.)—Plus Receive LogixPro® PLC Simulation Software FREE!
"Enjoyed the course very much and the way the teacher gave it to us, as to where you could understand what was going on."
- Hands-On training. Learn by doing—overcome the fear of shutting down a PLC system by spending approximately 60% of the time programming and uploading/downloading exercises to and from the PLC.
- Discover the advantages of PLCs over electromechanical relay systems.
- Designed to thoroughly examine PLC architecture, including input and output systems, ladder logic vs. relay logic, and relay instructions; the role of timer delays, number systems, and the sizing and selection of PLCs; and troubleshooting, which covers installation precautions, wiring requirements, and debugging and diagnostic tools.
- Reduce downtime by troubleshooting PLC and field device malfunctions.
- Maintain cost-effective operations.
- Gain the knowledge to do your job more effectively.
What You Will Learn:
- How PLCs are programmed and what types of programming can be used
- What causes most PLC problems
- How to specify PLC hardware and plan for installations
- How to setup communications with computers/laptops
- How to use processor status table, search, cross reference, and forcing functions
- To navigate through programs, and upload/download with the confidence gained through Hands-On training
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of using PLCs instead of relay logic
- Recognize the different hardware components of the PLC, including power supplies, input modules, output modules, central processing units and programming devices
- Understand how field devices such as push buttons, limit switches, pressure switches, solenoid valves, motor starters, etc. are connected to a PLC
- Input and Output Modules
- Addressing, Data Memory and Scan Routine
- Ladder Logic Basics
- Logical Operations and Memory Usage
- Timers and Counters
- Software Tools and Troubleshooting
- Registers and Register Type Instructions
- Number Systems
- Number System Conversions
- Math Instructions
- Data Comparison Instructions
- Inputting and Outputting Numbers
- Specifying a PLC System
- Software Overview
- Menu Bar
- Icon Bar
- Program/Processor Status
- Tabbed Instruction Tool Bar
- RSLogix500 Project Window
- RSLogix500 Ladder Window
- Basic Relay-Type Ladder Instruction Mnemonics
- Basic Timing/Counting Ladder Instruction
- Hardware Overview
- Nicknames (Symbols)
- Configuring the Software
- Translating a Sequence of Operations into
- Ladder Logic Procedures
- Motor Start/Stop Circuit
- Latch Alarm Circuit
- Fault Trapping
- Troubleshooting a Fault Trapping Program
- Tank Level Control Program Modification
- Sequencing Conveyors On
- Conveyor Start with Warning
- Sequencing Conveyors Off
- High Speed Conveyor & Packaging Machine
- Changing Package Size
- Automating the Package Size
- Getting the System Running
- Troubleshooting Problems
- Batch Control Process
- Sample Exercise Solutions
Training Course Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Number of Days: 3
NTT has reserved a block of rooms at the host hotel for your convenience. BOOK EARLY
- This block of rooms will be released back to the hotel approximately 30 days from the seminar start date. You will be sent complete hotel information the same day we receive your registration. Please make your reservations directly with the hotel. Be sure to identify yourself as being with the NTT seminar to take advantage of any discounts that may have been negotiated with the hotel. Hotel accommodations are not included in the seminar fee and are not guaranteed with your registration.