Maintain Your Own Fiber Optic Network and Learn the Skills to Minimize Network Downtime with National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT, Inc.)!
"A great educational and Hands-On fiber training. Very well taught."
- Hands-On training.
- Designed to teach you to take control of your communications optic networks.
- This seminar includes:
- Testing and troubleshooting,
- How to install, test and certify fiber optic networks,
- The "ins and outs" of design considerations and specification requirements
- The correct way to document fiber optic networks.
- After taking this class, you have the ability to become a Certified Fiber Optics Installer through the ACES exam (additional $150 charge).
- Save time and money with installation tips.
- Ability to become a Certified Fiber Optics Installer through the ACES exam (additional $150 charge).
- Maintain cost-effective operations.
What You Will Learn:
- Fiber optic safety procedures and practices.
- How to inspect multimode fiber optic connectors for quality.
- How to build and inspect HotmeltTM multimode ST connectors.
- How to build and inspect epoxy multimode ST connectors.
- How to build and inspect epoxy multimode SC connectors.
- How to use a power meter and light source to evaluate fiber circuits.
- How to build and test a mechanical splice.
- Practice OTDR operations and testing.
- Fiber Optic Basics
- Fiber Optic Cables
- Fiber Optic Connectors, Splices, & Terminations
- Fiber Optic Networks
- Fiber Optic Network Design Considerations
- Fiber Optic Installation Requirements
- Fiber Optic Test Equipment
- Learn fiber optic safety procedures and practices.
- Inspect multimode fiber optic connectors for quality.
- Build and inspect Hotmelt ™ multimode SC connectors.
- Build and inspect epoxy multimode.
- ST Connectors.
- Build and inspect epoxy multimode SC connectors.
- Use a power meter and light source to evaluate fiber circuits.
- Build and test a mechanical splice.
- Practice OTDR Operations and testing.
Course Times: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Number of Days: 3
NTT, Inc. reserves a block of rooms at the host hotel for your convenience. BOOK EARLY - This block of rooms will be released back to the hotel approximately 30 days from the seminar start date. NTT will send you complete hotel information the same day we receive your registration. Please make reservations directly with the hotel, and be sure to identify yourself as being with the NTT group to take advantage of any discounts that may have been negotiated. Hotel accommodations are not included in the seminar fee and are not guaranteed with your registration.