This two day certification course follows PRINCE2 Foundations and provides guidance for those seeking to become effective IT project contributors and for those who wish to obtain the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification. While the Foundations course provides theory, the Practitioner course teaches you how to practically apply the PRINCE2 concepts within a project environment.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based, scalable approach for effective IT project management. The Office of Government Commerce (OGC) developed PRINCE2 in the mid ‘80s specifically for IT projects. With a direct relationship to ITIL®, the framework is public domain and offers non-proprietary guidance on project management.
What You Will Learn
Through instructor-led discussions, case studies, practical examples and group exercises, you’ll learn the how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 processes, themes and techniques within a project environment. You’ll also learn how to evaluate completed projects and project events.
You will leave the course with knowledge of:
- How to tailor and evaluate the application of PRINCE2 to a project’s size, complexity, risk and importance
- How to align a business case to a project scenario and to evaluate and maintain the business case alignment throughout the lifecycle of a project
- How to develop a communication management strategy considering processes and roles
- How to apply a project communication management strategy
- How to apply and tailor the organisation theme within a project environment
- How to develop, apply, tailor and evaluate the plans, risk and change themes within a project lifecycle
- How to develop a quality management strategy, including how to:
- Prepare a quality audit trail
- Derive customer quality expectations
- Review quality
- Integrate project quality with Quality Management Systems
- How to prepare, apply and evaluate a work package, lesson log, checkpoint report, highlight report, end stage report, exception report, end project report, and a lessons report
- PRINCE2 project processes, including how to apply them and how to tailor them within a project environment; specifically:
- Starting up a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
Senior Project Officers
Project & Program Co-ordinator/Managers
Development & Planning Managers
IT Infrastructure Managers
ITIL Process Owners
Anyone already involved with PMI education seeking to take their project management knowledge to a global/international level
This course could be 2 or 3 days. Look at the course location details.