This course teaches you everything you need to know about accounting in the courtroom.
With the recent boom in litigation and malpractice charges concerning tax, accounting, financial litigation, and fraud disputes, more and more accounting professionals are being hired as expert witnesses.
Yet, few lawyers have a full understanding of what accountants can contribute to their cases. And few accountants are familiar enough with the legal system to recognize everything they have to offer as an expert witness. In turn, many relevant issues are missed and financial disputes are often settled with unfavorable outcomes.
Expert Witnessing in Forensic Accounting candidly shows how to be successful in the courtroom through the hands-on experiences of both a certified public accountant and a trial attorney.Course Materials
Upon ordering, you will receive the text material via USPS Priority Mail, generally within 3-4 days; overnight delivery is available for an additional charge. This complete CPE course includes:
- Textbook - written by experts in their field and will make a great addition to your personal reference library!
- Interactive Study Guide
- Test Booklet and Answer Sheet
- Log-on instructions for the taking the Certification Exam online.
The test includes 5 True/False questions for each CPE credit offered (for example, a CPE test worth 20 credits would include 100 questions). A score of 70% or better is required to pass this course; there is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam in order to pass.
After you have completed reviewing the text material, you may take your exam in one of two convenient formats:
- Test Booklet/Answer Sheet - read the textbook, record the answers to the test questions on the answer sheet and then return the answer sheet to us. You may either fax it or simply mail it in.
- Online Testing – log in and take your exam in an untimed, online format (the online questions are the same as those in your testing booklet) - your exam will be graded instantly! Most students fill out the answer sheet as they read through the book, and then transfer their answer sheet online.
When you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course title and how many credit hours you earned.
Course SummaryProgram Type:
- Students who take the examination online can print out the Certificate instantly.
- Students who mail/fax in their answer sheet will have their Certificate returned to them (if successful on the exam) by mail, fax or email. Certificates are usually sent within 24 hours from the time we receive your test.
This is an interactive, self-study CPE course.Program level:
None requiredMinimum final examination passing grade:
70%Maximum time allowed to complete the program:
One year from date of purchase