This Information-Packed Reference Covers
HR Issues Unique To Motor Carriers
Designed to address the unique human resource needs of motor carriers, this convenient reference is packed with a wide range of essential HR and labor-related information.
It explains regulatory requirements in easy-to-understand terms, includes best practices, and gives you valuable insight on how to handle transport-specific HR issues like driver qualification, alcohol and drug testing, driver retention, and more.
Your Manual Includes
The HR for Motor Carriers Manual
is attorney-reviewed and features an easy-to-follow format that helps you quickly reference info on:
- Transport Issues - CDLs, DQ files, owners/operators, drug and alcohol tests and exams, hazmat background checks, hazmat training, driver safety
- Management - Organizational design/structure, environmental scanning, ROI of HR, HR audits, government contracts, succession planning
- Hiring - Job analysis, job descriptions, recruiting drivers and other employees, interviewing, immigration, background checks, affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, contractors, leasing employees, employee information, tests/exams
- New Employees - Employee orientation, employee handbooks, relocation, policies and procedures, training, international employees
- Wages & Hours - Time off (vacation, leaves), wages, pay administration, job evaluation
- Benefits - Mandated (Social Security, Medicare, FMLA, etc.), voluntary (health care, retirement, life insurance, etc.), ERISA considerations
- Employee Relations - Driver and employee retention strategies, performance reviews, work/life balance, hours of service, wellness, discipline, training, employee development, labor relations
- Safety and Security - Workplace and driver safety, workplace and driver security, workplace violence, drug-free workplace and driversdiversity, and more!
- Discrimination and Employee Protections - discrimination, harassment, emergency procedures/preparedness, child labor, privacy, ADA issues, Whistleblower protection
- Workers' Compensation - MOD rate, proactive prevention, medical management, rehabilitation, fraud
- Employee Separation - Exit interviews, COBRA, unemployment compensation, downsizing/layoffs/reduction in force
- Recordkeeping & Documentation - Recordkeeping, posters, forms
In addition to all of this real-world compliance guidance, you'll find FAQs for each chapter, sample forms and documents, checklists, definitions, and other helpful tools.
This practical manual is a great help in managing your day-to-day HR issues, establishing the necessary HR policies and procedures, and staying up-to-date on the legal issues that affect trucking companies and private fleets.
720 pages, ISBN 1-59042-443-3