Projects rarely go according to plan, and any deviations need to be strictly controlled. Requirements management does this through vigilant tracking techniques, and through consistent and planned communications with stakeholders.
This course provides an overview of managing solution scope and requirements using techniques like baselining and problem tracking as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). This course also covers maintaining and preparing requirements with a requirements package, and communicating requirements through requirements workshops and structured walkthroughs.
This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®’s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam.
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.Learning Objectives
- Identify the features of Requirements Management and Communication knowledge area
- Identify the features of managing solution scope and requirements
- Identify the techniques for managing solution scope and requirements
- Identify the purpose of managing requirements traceability
- Identify the elements of managing requirements traceability
- Recognize how to manage requirements
- Identify the features of maintaining requirements for reuse
- Recognize how to prepare a requirements package
- Recognize the elements of preparing a requirements package
- Recognize the techniques for preparing a requirements package
- Prepare a requirements package in a given scenario
- Identify the inputs to communicating requirements
- Identify the elements of communicating requirements
- Recognize the techniques for communicating requirements
- Recognize how to communicate requirements in a given scenario