Solutions to business problems are implemented every day, in every size and type of company and industry. But way before solutions are implemented, a business need must be identified, a plausible solution must be defined, and the investment required for the solution must be justifiable before implementing it.
This course provides an overview of enterprise analysis as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Specifically, this course details defining business needs and gaps, assessing capability gaps, and determining a solution approach. This course also provides an overview of defining solution scope and defining a business case for gathering data and being persuasive in arguments for a proposed solution.
This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®’s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam.
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK®, and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
- Recognize the function of enterprise analysis
- Recognize the elements of defining a business need
- Identify the techniques that can be used to define business needs
- Recognize the elements of root cause analysis
- Identify the elements of assessing capability gaps
- Recognize the elements of SWOT analysis
- Define needs and assess gaps in a given scenario
- Identify the inputs of determining a solution approach
- Identify the elements of determining solution approach
- Recognize how to conduct a feasibility analysis
- Identify the techniques that can be used for determining a solution approach
- Determine a solution approach in a given scenario
- Identify the elements of defining solution scope
- Recognize the techniques that can be used to define scope
- Identify the elements of defining the business case
- Identify the techniques that can be used to define a business case
- Define the solution scope and business case in a given scenario
- Recommend how to approach enterprise analysis