A business analyst doesn't just come up with a viable solution to address a business need. A business analyst is also responsible for studying the viability of the proposed solution within the organization, identifying what is required within the organization to make the solution work, and validating and evaluating the solution performance.
This course provides an overview of solution assessment and validation as prescribed in A Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) – Version 2.0 by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). Specifically, this course introduces the elements and techniques for assessing a proposed solution, allocating requirements, and assessing organizational readiness. This course also provides an overview of defining transition requirements, and covers the techniques for validating and evaluating solutions and their performance.
This course provides a foundational knowledge base of business analysis information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the IIBA®’s Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) certification exam.
- Identify the features of solution assessment
- Recognize the techniques for assessing a proposed solution
- Identify the elements of allocating requirements
- Recognize the techniques for allocating requirements
- Identify the features of organizational readiness
- Recognize the techniques to assess organizational readiness
- Recognize how organizational modeling can be used to assess organizational readiness
- Assess solutions and organizational readiness in a given scenario
- Recognize the elements of defining transition requirements
- Recognize the techniques that can be used to define transition requirements
- Define transition requirements in a given scenario
- Recognize the elements of validating solutions
- Recognize the techniques for validating solutions
- Recognize the elements of evaluating solution performance
- Recognize the techniques for evaluating solution performance
- Validate and evaluate solutions in a given scenario
- Recommend how to assess and validate solutions