Looking for ways to enhance your managing skills? In this course, you'll acquire expertise as a mentor that will benefit your employees, your organization, and your own career. You'll examine how mentoring differs from managing, and you'll brush up on essential communication skills. Finally, you'll learn to use mentoring to improve on team organization, dynamics, and performance.Learning Objectives
- Recognize the benefits of the additional dimensions that mentoring brings to manager-employee relationships.
- Select examples of strategies for developing a climate of trust.
- Identify examples of responses appropriate for different mentoring roles.
- Choose strategies for handling the time commitment required by mentoring.
- Recognize the ways that mentoring benefits the manager, employees, and the organization.
- Select the ways that mentoring revitalizes managers.
- Identify the ways that mentoring benefits employees.
- Choose the ways that mentoring benefits the organization.
- Recognize the value of improved communications.
- Differentiate between examples of participatory communication and those of traditional manager-employee communication in business scenarios.
- Select the examples of supportive listening techniques.
- Select examples of effective feedback strategies in manager-employee scenarios.
- Recognize the benefits of mentoring a team.
- Identify the questions managers should consider when organizing a team.
- Choose strategies for improving team dynamics.
- Select examples of mentoring solutions for team performance issues.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders